Food Service Manager
The Food Services Manager champions the experience of the guests and staff through the ministry of food preparation and service. The FSM is primarily responsible for all resources, materials, and personnel involved in the preparation and serve-out of meals at Thousand Pines, with an emphasis on high quality, safety, and excellent customer service. On-site Housing available.
- Provide oversight and coordination of Food Service department (budget, materials, resources, staff, etc.)
- Hire, train, and supervise Food Service staff with an emphasis on quality, safety, and excellent customer service
- Design and manage annual budget, operating at or under budget while maintaining high quality
- Manage physical assets, such as equipment and supplies in the kitchens and dining rooms
- Anticipation and response to guest and staff needs and requests (may include menu adjustments)
- Oversight of storage, organization, and distribution of food at other TP Venues (coordination with shops)
- Managing information through evaluations such as social trends, ethnic foods, world cuisines, dislikes and likes through a variety of groups, ages, and dietary restrictions
- Research multiple vendors to maintain competitive pricing and ensure high quality
- Maintain departmental equipment coordinating with Facilities department and Operations
Major Competency Areas
- Experience in preparing and sequencing meals for large (400+) groups and multiple venues
- Culinary Training and/or proven institutional cooking skills
- Excellent team management, administrative, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to get along extremely well with peers, supervisors, subordinates and guests
- Sufficient administrative skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum of a high school diploma, bachelor’s degree and above preferred
- certificate of culinary arts degree, or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience at a Supervisorial or Management level
- Extensive experience in commercial food service industry and customer service
- Christian camping or other ministry experience
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Stand on your feet for at least 8 hrs regularly.
- Abilities sufficient to carry out essential functions of the job.
If you have additional questions please contact Anita Tirado, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.