American Red Cross Swim Lessons
Throughout the summer, Thousand Pines offers semi-private and private swim lessons for skill levels ranging from beginner to advanced, with a maximum of six swimmers per instructor. Students will be taught the basic water safety and skills progressions for all applicable strokes according to American Red Cross Standards. Registration is open to the public.
Classes offered at Thousand Pines
Class Levels offered at Thousand Pines:
- Mommy & Me: ages 6 months – 3 years
- Tiny Tots: ages 2-3 years, not yet comfortable in water
- Super Tots: ages 3-4 years, comfortable in water
- Jellyfish: Level 1, ages 5-8 years, will learn basic skills
- Seahorse: Level 2, ages 7-9 years, will be swimming the whole width of the pool without touching the bottom; class is often repeated several times
- Goldfish: Level 3, ages 8-11 years, student knows strokes and is nearly ready to swim the length of the pool without stopping at the side; may repeat class two or three times
- Swordfish: Level 4, ages 9-13+ years, will be swimming four lengths of the pool
- Dolphin: Level 5, ages 9-13+ years, emphasis on technique
- Shark: Level 6, ages 11-15+, emphasis on competition
Pick the level appropriate for your child, and the session you would like to attend when you register. Click here to see what you need to fill out.
American Red Cross certified lifeguards will be on duty for all swim lessons. Water Safety Instructors, who are also lifeguard certified, will be teaching the basic water safety skills and progressions according to American Red Cross Standards.
Students receive a certificate of completion and a photo from their session!
Lesson 1: June 17-28
Lesson 2: July 1-12
Lesson 3: July 15 - 26
Lesson 4: July 29 - August 9
Swim Lesson — $72 per two-week session
Private Lesson — $36 per 45-minute lesson